Some slides from an investigation into migrating to using Amazons Cloudwatch. Quick summary,
- Create metrics on Cloudwatch logging streams and alert on them, eg, number of 500’s in a minute
- You get basic free metrics from AWS, custom metrics are pretty easy to setup
- You have access to plenty of AWS specific metrics and triggers
- They are well integrated with other AWS stuff so you can do more advanced Lamda processing
- But, is it enough to moving away from your custom ELK/graphite type stack?